Returning to Android
Something weird happened just before Christmas, I switched my new iPhone5 to a Nexus 4 when my old iPhone4 crashed.
After going thru Apples setup guide and restoring from backup everything was back to normal, I switched from the iPhone4 to iPhone5 and had expected some changes, nothing had changed from my old phone, except camera and internal memory.
I figure it was time to try Android and the new Nexus 4, it was years ago since I last used Android and I hated my HTC Hero. Slow and ugly and far form the new Nexus 4.
I must say, after two weeks with my new phone, I’m not regretting anything.
- True Multitasking
- Notification that actually deliver when something happens.
- Induction charging
- App pricing is much better then on Android but overall app quality is still better on iPhone
Here’s some of the apps that really made my day:
- Lightflow (Change color on your notifications, epic)
- Pocket (Save sites to phone).
- Swiftkey (Faster typing with swipe support)
- Press (RSS Reader)
- 1Password Reader (ugly but it works)
- Spotify (Music music music)
- MortPlayer (Audio Books)
- Mighty Text (SMS from computer)
- Bankdroid (Account status in a widget)
- Wunderlist (Tidy TODO app)
- PocketCasts (Podcasts)
- Nova Launcher (Customised home screen)